Thursday, February 4, 2010

MY PRIORITIES FOR 2010: TEN PRIORITIES. ONE GOAL

After my successful endeavor in 2009 through my 9-4-9 priorities, I am glad to present the list of my goals for this year. The branding for this year is named '2010: The Mirror of Life.' This signifies that everything you do and work for mirrors the fruits of labor and the enjoyment of life. That is why I am more vigorous this year to pursue my goals towards a better aspect of living. Being the 10th year of the decade, the list of priorities now total to 10. But among my objectives for this year, there can only be one goal: That is to enjoy life and love life. So, to give the details of my plans for this year, below are the 10 priorities for the year 2010.


1. BANK SAVINGS

To start the set of plans this year, I have to increase my earnings so I can implement the projects smoothly. Luckily being the first on my list, this has also been the first to be accomplished this year. Last February 7 I opened an account and got a good standing in terms of savings. I will not let this dry up and maintain a steady increase in savings despite the expenditures this year.

2. PASS THE BOARD EXAM

This is my major aim for this year. As I turn almost three years into my company I am determined to focus now on Architecture License Examination (ALE). Definitely, when I pass this great test of my life, it will surely boost my career development and enabling me to level the mountains of challenges and an increased benefits especially in my work.



3. LEARN TO DRIVE

This is one great undertaking that I really need to accomplish this year. Admittedly, I don't have a car but I believe I really need to learn driving. With this endeavor I am also claiming that one day I can have my own car so I really have to be well-prepared on this.



4. COMPUTER UPGRADES

One of the first things I need to do is buy an LCD monitor to replace the existing CRT monitor. Our monitor must go. Yet, it is still functioning so I may only buy an LCD as a standby peripheral once it boggles down anytime. Other than this, our 5 year-old computer needs additional memory and an upgrade of its windows operating system (Windows 7). This is one of the costliest projects for this year. For my latest calculation, this undertaking may reach 20,000 bucks so this really needs a bigger budget base without sacrificing my other funded-priorities for the year.



5. ADDITIONAL FURNITURE IN LAGUNA HOUSE

Our second home in Calamba, Laguna as of now is an empty space with no furniture yet in place. So, my first objective for this house is buying a new set of furniture such as dining table and sala set. Other appliances, such as refrigerator and TV set may be eyed but not yet this year.




6. INCREASE FUNCTIONALITY OF LAPTOP

After I won the Macbok Pro in last year's Nescafe video contest, there is a need to use it in a more functional way. Since it uses Macintosh OS and not Windows, this may be a bit difficult for me to handle its purpose. So there is a need to install it an operating system (windows) which enables me to do more things in a functional way. Aside from Computer Upgrades, this may also be costly since I am determined to buy original parts for my laptop.

7. HELPFUL GADGETS

This serves as the second installment of last year's appliances project. There were several proposals or options on what to buy which are deemed useful for the house. After weeks of analysis and study, I have decided to buy only two major gadgets this year: First is the Scientific calculator, and the other is a small Cassette Radio. I chose the former since I have no scientific calculator as of the moment and I badly need it for my review this year. I have opted to buy a cassette in the future since our present radio in the house had frequent signal ;problems and is almost two-decades old now. The old radio may still be kept and be used in case of emergency.



8. ENJOY LIFE THROUGH TOURS

After a brain-draining experience in Board Examination and reviews, it's time time to reward myself through engaging in a tour. It might be local or international area. As early as February, I am searching for potential places and affordable tour packages where me and my family can enjoy. We are planning to take tour by off peak months like July-October. Now, this is what I call, the full enjoyment of life.

9. HELP FOR GRANNIES: PLUMBING REHABILITATION

Two years ago, my relatives in Camarin, Caloocan City had encountered water sanitation and thereby one of my cousins, who was months-old then, got infected by serious disease. It was then found out that the water is unsuitable for drinking purpose not because it's deep-well but due to piping connection. There are several pipe connections which are not properly linked and can be contaminated by ground dirt and harmful microorganisms. Definitely a comprehensive plumbing layout is needed in order to solve this. This involves designs and construction of the layout, plus the deemed relocation of toilet and arrangement of fittings.


10. CONTINUATION OF HOUSE WORKS

Back in our house, there are still two major construction projects yet to be started. First is the Toilet Reconstruction Project (TRP). This is actually the second part of the Service Area Construction (SAC) which is an ongoing project. This involves tile works of the toilet and replacement of toilet door with PVC materials. This is slated for construction this Summer. On the other hand, our house is in dire need of storage ideas. One of the proposals is the purchase of storage boxes. However, a question suddenly pops into my mind: where do I have to place all those storage boxes in turn? the solution is by constructing a storage cabinet near our kitchen, complete with hooks for the power tools and gadgets. This is slated to be done by November or December this year.

So, these are all my plans for this year. These may seem to be grand and ambitious, but I am determined to make these a reality, not because of my strengths, but through the help of God who makes everything possible. Let's keep on praying for this to become a reality and strive hard for this to happen.

-----

Photos courtesy of:
*Kaikoura District Council
*Apple Inc and Google Products.
*Lakbay Pilipinas.

No comments:

Post a Comment